This 11 minute mantra-meditation is perfect for these times. It is quite powerful and rarely done. It will bring a renewal of innocence and dispel fear from the personality to allow healing on all levels. The ancient teachings tell us that with constant practice, even as brief as 11 minutes a day, chanting this mantra will assist you and those in your family to live in peace to a ripe old age.
This a treasure we are happy to share with you.
It was recorded at the August 2nd 2020 Full Moon Meditation with Sangeet on her piano. It includes the traditional chant and healing vibrations of the Gong, but also something different and special.
Sangeet gifted us with a voice and piano melody, an old favorite – “I Believe.” She plays and sings after the gong layout. This brought tears of sweet recall to her eyes and to many others.
We offer this to all of you as a gift for the inspiration it evoked in so many at that time, hoping it can bring lasting uplift to you as well. The meditation is among the highest healing chants in the yoga pantheon of meditations. The nostalgic piano solo is a charm!
Here's How To Do The Meditation:
Sit on the floor in Easy Pose (legs crossed) or sit in a chair with feet flat on the floor. Remember to keep your spine straight during the meditation. Remember to engage a slight "neck lock" with the chin pulled back to straighten the cervical vertebrae.
Drishti and Pranayam (Eyes and Breath)
Eyes are closed and looking out the “Third Eye point.” The breath will adjust itself as you chant.
Mudra (Hand and Arm Position)
Relax your arms and position them so they are bent at your sides with the palms facing upward as flat as possible without straining. Angle forearms in from the sides about 45 degrees while the upper arms rest firmly against the rib cage.
Mantra -The mantra to chant is called the "Siri Gaitri" mantra
Raa Maa Daa Saa
Saa Say So Hung
1. Sitting in Easy Pose or a chair, chant the Adi Mantra (the “Tuning In” mantra) three times.
2. Chant the “Siri Gaitri” mantra with this video or a capella. With the sound of the first “Saa” and again with the sound “Hung” pull the navel backwards powerfully. Let the sound of "Hung” resonate clearly in the nasal passages.
Chant for 11, 22, or 31 minutes.
3. When the meditation has finished, powerfully and deeply inhale while raising arms above your head, and hold for 10-15 seconds. Powerfully and deeply exhale. Repeat inhale-hold-exhale once more with raised arms. Then lower your arms to your lap/knees and sit quietly. Feel the vibrations of the mantra in you and around you.
Optional Rest on your yoga mat for a few minutes, or longer. This is a beautiful time for a deep healing rest.
4. Finish by singing the “Longtime Sunshine” song followed by a “Long Sat Nam.”
This meditation brings an attunement of the self to the universe. It combines Earth (Raa Maa Daa) and Ether (Saa Say So Hung) with Saa as the linking energy.
Specifically, word for word, here are the meanings:
Raa –Sun; Maa –Moon; Daa –Earth; Saa –Impersonal Infinity
Saa –Thou; Saa Say –totality of Infinity; So –personal sense of merger and identity; Hung –the Infinite vibrating and real.
The phrase “So Hung” means “I am Thou.”
Taken altogether it is the projection of our individual soul and presence into the Infinity that calls on and commands the power of all creation to assist in the healing process for which we pray. It calls on the All to cover us all.
Blessings to you all,
Hari Nam Singh
August 5, 2020
© 2020 Hari Nam Singh, All Rights Reserved
Please read my message and instructions below the video and audio before playing either. Things will make more sense!
I've had many requests to make this meditation a “general” meditation for everyone to do. So here it is!
This was the meditation we did for 2-1/2 hours for the “Journey to Brahm Prakash” meditation on April 20, 2020.
Please Note: In this audio recording Sangeet leads us in a strong and powerful meditation chant using the “Chotay Pad” mantra. This mantra is also known by its opening line, the “Sat Narayan” mantra. Chant this meditation to bring peace within and beyond by bringing up the light of clear and positive mind.
Please Note: In this audio recording Sangeet leads us in the Akaal chant meditative experience for elevating the soul at the time of death. This is followed by a beautiful protective mantra meditation. It is a meditation that you should know how to do and have at hand “just in case.”
More Articles ...
- Kundalini Yoga -"Reaching The Infinite Heart" A Special Class To Lift Heart And Mind As One With Yoga, Breath, And Meditation
- Learn Segmented Breathing: "4-to-1" Breath -To Breathe Away Stress!
- The "Siri Gaitri" Mantra Meditation (Raa Maa Daa Saa, Saa Say So Hung) (Full Moon Meditation on December 4, 2017)
- "Ardas Bhaee" Meditation -The "Mantra Prayer" That Answers All Prayers (Meditation Only)
- "Ardas Bhaee" Meditation -The "Mantra Prayer" That Answers All Prayers (Complete Practice with Intro Talk)
- "Ardas Bhaee" Meditation -The "Mantra Prayer" That Answers All Prayers (Complete Practice)